Top Ten Sunglasses for Summer 202106/08/2021
Summer is here and there’s no better way to heat up your new season style than with on-trend and statement sunglasses. Sunglasses with complete UV protection also protect your eyes from sun damage, so you’ll ensure your vision stays on top form too.
There’s so much choice out there it can be hard to pick, so we asked the team at Specsavers Ópticas Santa Ponça to choose their favourite 10 sunglasses to celebrate their 10-year anniversary and help you find the perfect style for you.
1. Marc Jacobs Sun RX13 — Combining the vintage 70s trend with a statement oversized frame these rainbow glitter Marc Jacobs sunnies are the perfect way to inject some summer sparkle into your wardrobe.
2. Confide in me Sun RX — These Kylie Minogue sunglasses will add some warmth to your summer style. In a simple oval shape with dipped bridge and gently arching browline that hints at a cat-eye, they’re made from crystal clear acetate with a touch of beige. Complete with brown lenses.
3. Chione Sun RX — Retro round sunglasses with silver and black patterned metal rims. The sides are crafted in slim brown metal with a satin finish and feature graduated beige to brown temple tips.
4. Coley Sun RX — From the sweeping browline to the upswept corners and deep curved front, these acetate plastic sunglasses really exude a glamorous feminine feel. Subtle Specsavers branding sits at the temple tips and there’s a two-pin detail at the corners.
5. Super Dry Sun RX 01 — A staple for all wardrobes, these round-eye sunglasses with keyhole bridge have a tortoiseshell acetate finish with Superdry branding at the brow and on the temples.
6. Snapper Sun RX — Go for a modern, futuristic look wearing these squared wire metal sunglasses, featuring clean-cut lines and comfortable tips in acetate plastic.
7. Jeff Banks Sun RX 10 — We love the black and clear mottled effect, the angular-shape and flat browline from designer Jeff Banks. The slim black metal sides and the squared off detail on the temples add a refined edge and a lightweight feel.
8. Timberland Sun — Opt for these sleek, striking sunglasses from Timberland for a classic and timeless option. Taking inspiration from the traditional Aviator-style, the matt black metal edging has a rubber finish adding a modernised twist on an iconic design.
9. Gant Sun — GANT takes the classic tortoiseshell round-eye shape and adds an unusual bridge effect for a statement sunglass look. The acetate sides match the front, with subtle GANT branding at the temples and a navy dipped effect on the temple tip caps.
10. Cuttlefish Sun RX — Step up your style game with these deep, statement, sunglasses. With a retro feel, the front features a keyhole bridge and silver pin detailing, while squared off detail around the rims adds a modern touch. Made from translucent-effect acetate in a mottled pattern, the sides feature thin wire-metal for a minimalist feel.
Specsavers Ópticas is located in Avda. Rei Jaume 1, 117, Santa Ponça. They offer free, complete eye tests, a wide range of glasses and sunglasses and is a collection point for the Santa Ponça Food Bank. Their style advisors are on hand to help you choose the right frames for you and there’s also a virtual try on feature on the website, so you can “try” a wide range of frames before you even visit the store. Between June 21st and July 3rd they are celebrating their 10th Birthday by offering 30% off a complete pair of glasses from their 89€ range and above.
For more information visit www.specsavers.es or call the store on 871 964 331.